Join Our Team
Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings.
Seattle, WA; Portland, OR
Development Director - Foundation Relations
Operation Warm is a national nonprofit that provides warmth, confidence, and hope to children in need through basic need programs that connect underserved families to community resources they need to thrive. Over the last 22 years, Operation Warm and our partners have used brand-new coats and shoes as a bridge for families in need to access everything from flu shots to new books.
We are seeking innovative, driven, and compassionate individuals who are motivated to impact the lives of children in need to join our growing team. Strong candidates will share our commitment to inspire and empower local communities to support underserved children by using the gift of a coat or a pair of shoes as a catalyst for connection.
Operation Warm is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for the development and cultivation of Foundation Partners across the United States and the organization’s grant writing efforts to all funders who require it. This person will be an integral part of the development team and will coordinate the external and internal resources necessary to build and achieve a robust foundation program that is driving donations to support Operation Warm’s initiatives and vision.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for entire life cycle of foundation funding from research, contact, cultivation, production and completion of grant requests
- Lead grants team to meet/exceed established goals and ensure all grants are fulfilled
- Support the grant writing needs of the IT, Operations & Partnerships Teams
- Collaborate with OW teams to innovate programs that compel donor support
- Evaluate new logic models to evaluate outputs and outcomes and expand our survey collection methodology
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning efforts, and assist with monthly forecasting
- Ensure Salesforce Database is updated to keep accurate donation records and ensure donors/funders are promptly and appropriately recognized for their support
- 5+ years of developing and managing comprehensive development programs specifically through granting
- Experience with a national non-profit preferred
- Experience in preparing, presenting to an executive audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with well-developed management and organization skills
- Proficiency in working with grant writing and fundraising databases
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products
- Salesforce or other CRM experience required
- Direct/Supervision Of Others - This position will directly supervise two grants team member
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA or BS undergraduate degree, 5+ years not-for-profit management/fundraising and grant writing experience
- FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Ability to travel as needed to our HQ in Glen Mills, PA, for donor visits and distribution events
This person will work remotely in Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Grace Sica, firstname.lastname@example.org
Skilled Volunteer Openings
Check back again soon!