Join Our Team
Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings.
Glen Mills, PA
Operation Warm is a national nonprofit that provides warmth, confidence, and hope to children in need through basic need programs that connect underserved families to community resources they need to thrive. Over the last 23 years, Operation Warm and our partners have used brand-new coats and shoes as a bridge for families in need to access everything from flu shots to new books.
We are seeking innovative, driven, and compassionate individuals who are motivated to impact the lives of children in need to join our growing team. Strong candidates will share our commitment to inspire and empower local communities to support underserved children by using the gift of a coat or a pair of shoes as a catalyst for connection.
Operation Warm is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Entry level position. The Accounting Assistant will join an accounting team in a high volume, paperless, integrated systems environment. Be prepared to demonstrate initiative, experience with systems, and familiarity with accounting principles. Strong communication skills and creativity, as well as enthusiasm for our mission, are integral to this position.
- Post accounts payable, revenue, and cash transactions.
- Check for accuracy in calculations, postings, and reports.
- Appropriately organize and document work papers.
- Help the team comply with internal processes and controls.
- Assist the team with month-end close and reconcile assigned accounts and systems.
- Collaborate with the team responding to internal and external customers.
- Identify and suggest improvements that could drive efficiency.
- Participate in recurring team and one-on-one meetings.
- Contribute by being a team player and maintaining a culture of excellence.
- Exercise judgement, tact, and diplomacy.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Up to three (3) years of experience providing accounting or bookkeeping support.
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Regular and proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online, Salesforce, and/or enterprise systems a plus.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure data completeness and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop productive working relationships across executive, operations, sales, and marketing team members.
- Show initiative, be hands-on, and be willing to perform various operational activities, such as order support and answering questions from staff, beneficiaries, donors, and volunteers.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting support: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA eligible or CPA certification (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance