Every season, we hear impactful stories from our volunteers – sharing their experiences and the joy they felt at gifting events. Some of the stories from this past season touched us so much, that we just had to share. Take a look!
And, if your company is interested in starting an employee volunteer program with Operation Warm, reach out to our team!
- "My favorite memory from the day was when one of the students [received] a new pair of black shoes with a white sole. He said I have shoes like you! Then he said you wear glasses like my brother and gave me a high five."
- "It was cry-free Friday, but my heart was overflowing. The kids were amazing...participation should come with a disclaimer that you might discover feelings that you haven't had in a long time. Thank you for providing this opportunity for me to participate. I could do this every Friday for 52 weeks to make sure no child at any school is missed."
- "My job was to write the names of the kids on the tag of the jacket. There were several kids that didn't want to take them off and a few who pretty much refused so I did my best to add their name while it was still on. I love that they loved their new coats so much."
- "I come from [an] inner city community...I can identify myself with these kid’s...I thank [my company] for giving me the opportunity to be involved. I feel very proud that the company I represent would do such a spectacular event like this. The kid’s faces and the joy of knowing that someone cares about their well being, made my day."
- "I enjoyed helping the next generation experience a positive exchange with a total stranger who just wanted to help them. Seeing the appreciation the students felt - gave me confidence in the future of our communities."
- "After the event had ended, I was helping clean up the event space. As I was returning from the supply closet, I had 2 girls in the first grade come running up to me in their new bright pink shoes. They gave me a big hug and thanked me. One of the girls said it was the first time she had ever had a pair of new shoes. That melted my heart."
- "It was an amazing event, perfect day to give warm coats as Seattle got it's first snow of the year! The kids were so happy and I got to meet my team in person for the first time ever!"
- "While helping a student try on a coat, she said "this is the best day of my whole life"! "
Have a story to share with us? Leave a review on Great Nonprofits with your Operation Warm experience.