50 Nice Things to Say to a Friend
What do you say to a friend to lift their spirits or let them know that you value their friendship? Compliments can go a long way to letting someone know that you care, but there are even more powerful benefits to saying nice things to someone.
The Power of Saying Nice Things
According to research, the social reward of a having something nice said to you, or about you, could enhance your motor skills and improve performance. So, your compliments can help someone learn a new skill or improve an old one.
In fact, the scientists found that the same area of the brain is activated whether a person is rewarded with cash or a compliment. Talk really is cheap, and the nicest gift you may be able to give to someone is a few positive words.
Mark Twain once said, “I can live for two months on a good compliment.” These little gems really can sustain a person.
What to Say to Someone
Here are some ready-made compliments you can use to say something nice to someone, no matter what the occasion. Feeling low, chances are there are a few in here you can say to yourself, too.
- You are more fun than anyone or anything I know, including bubble wrap.
- You are the most perfect you there is.
- You are enough.
- You are one of the strongest people I know.
- You look great today.
- You have the best smile.
- Your outlook on life is amazing.
- You just light up the room.
- You make a bigger impact than you realize.
- You are always so helpful.
- You have the best laugh.
- I appreciate our friendship.
- Your inside is even more beautiful than your outside.
- You just glow.
- I love the way you bring out the best in people.
- Our family/school/community/church is better because you are part of it.
- You bring out the best in the rest of us.
- You inspire me.
- Nothing can stop you.
- You just made my day.
- You make me float up like I’m on millions of bubbles (We got this one from one of our kids after he got a new coat.)
- You are an excellent friend.
- When it comes to cooking, no one’s meals are quite as delicious.
- I am a better person because of you.
- You have taught me so much.
- I like the way you are.
- You are a great parent. You can tell just by looking at how thought your kids are (A two-for-one compliment)
- You have the best sense of style.
- You make me want to be a better person.
- You look so young!
- I hope you are proud of yourself, because I am!
- You are one of the bravest people I know.
- That color looks perfect on you.
- You are so trustworthy; I always believe what you say.
- Everything seems brighter when you are around.
- Even the things you don’t like about yourself make you interesting.
- I know that you will always have my back, because that is the kind of person you are.
- You have the best ideas.
- You are a great example to others.
- I know that if you ever make a mistake, you fix it.
- You’ve got great leadership skills.
- You have amazing creative potential.
- You are stunning.
- You really seem to know who you are. I admire that.
- You are the reason I am smiling today.
- You’re a gift to everyone you meet.
- You have a gift for making people comfortable.
- I enjoy spending time with you.
- I am really glad we met.
- I tell everyone how amazing you are.
Employee Volunteering Strengthens Communities, Boosts Morale
By Lauren Holloway, Public Relations/Media Coordinator at Operation Warm Would making a difference in the general community help increase morale in your work community? Since 1998, Operation Warm has worked…Read More