35 Volunteer Jobs to Do from Home
So many of you have shared this post recently, so we’ve updated and added even more at-home volunteer opportunities for you to check out. Now more than ever it is important for us to support each other – we’re happy to be a part of that!
Giving back while staying at home has never been so easy or so timely. Just click on each link to explore the right at-home volunteer opportunity for you.
Volunteer from Home Links
Browse our list of 35 volunteer jobs to do from home. You may just find a fun volunteer project and find an easy way to help a good cause.
You just need to click on a link and get started.
- Have your child read a book to an isolated senior through StoriiTime.
- Scan or edit books for people with reading disabilities through Bookshare.
- Conduct research into global human rights violations through Amnesty International.
- Help raise awareness and support for PPE, ventilators and senior support through Health4the World.
- If you have a LinkedIn account, you can help answer career questions for students interested in your field. learn more at Career Village.
- Subtitle and translate TED Talks to bring ideas to others.
- Provide tutoring and/or advice to low-income high school students to help them succeed through UPchieve.
- Remotely help veterans and their spouses with career prep through mock interviews or job search advice. See Hire Heroes USA for more information.
- Send online messages or mail letters of encouragement to nursing home residents and staff through the Adopt a Nursing Home Program.
- You can adopt a grandparent in London and have virtual video calls and keep their spirits high while in isolation through CHD Living.
- Volunteer to be an Online Ambassador with Ark of Hope for Children.
- Volunteer to Translate with Translators without Borders.
- Give well-deserved Treats for Troops through Soldiers Angels Treats for Troops.
- Be an online emotional support person at 7 Cups.
- Help kids in need when you organize an online fundraiser for Operation Warm.
- Make a global difference with the United Nations.
- Lend your eyes to solve tasks for blind and low vision people. Visit Be My Eyes.
- Identify New York Wildlife, map our galaxy or assist researchers in many other ways with Zooniverse.
- Sew emotional support blankets for Binky Patrol.
- Proofread ebooks for Project Gutenberg.
- Track bird populations with eBird.
- Answer texts from people in crisis using active listening and collaborative problem solving with Crisis Text Line.
- Crochet or knit afghan squares that will help build blankets for both babies and adults. Send them to Warm Up America.
- Record audiobooks for Librivox.
- Transcribe historical documents for the Smithsonian.
- Send a card, letter or note once a week to someone undergoing chemotherapy. Apply at Chemo Angels.
- Share your voice and help drive innovation in voice technology through VocaliD.
- Provide learning and encouragement to children around the world via Skype and the Granny Cloud website.
- Test, evaluate or develop elements of the National Park Service’s online presence.
- Raise money in a virtual world with The American Cancer Society and Second Life.
- Develop video games to help App to Succeed teach youth in need how to make good financial decisions.
- Train others in technology to help overcome poverty with Right Here at Home.
- Share social media posts and important announcements for Operation Warm. Email Mary Ann.
- Help Harvard researchers learn the best ways to break down stereotypes by taking tests with Project Implicit.
- Look at satellite images of storm and help researchers predict cyclone behavior with Cyclone Center.
Did you find these ideas helpful? Tell us on social media and tag @operationwarm.
Learn how you can volunteer to help children in your community receive a gift of warmth, confidence and hope!