25 Volunteer Jobs to Do from Home
Thank you all for your overwhelmingly positive response to our blog, 25 Volunteer Jobs to Do from Home. So many of you have shared this blog, and that only goes to show what kind, generous people Operation Warm supporters really are. You are out there, making the world a better place; this is especially important, now more than ever.
We are so proud of all of you, and in response, we’ve added even more ideas for volunteer jobs to do from home. Save and share this link.
Giving back while staying at home has never been so easy or so timely. Just click on each link to explore the right at-home volunteer opportunity for you.
Volunteer from Home Links
Browse our list of 35 volunteer jobs to do from home. You may just find a fun volunteer project and find an easy way to help a good cause.
You just need to click on a link and get started.
- Have your child read a book to an isolated senior through StoriiTime.
- Scan or edit books for people with reading disabilities through Bookshare.
- Conduct research into global human rights violations through Amnesty International.
- Help raise awareness and support for PPE, ventilators and senior support through Health4the World.
- If you have a LinkedIn account, you can help answer career questions for students interested in your field. learn more at Career Village.
- Subtitle and translate TED Talks to bring ideas to others.
- Provide tutoring and/or advice to low-income high school students to help them succeed through UPchieve.
- Remotely help veterans and their spouses with career prep through mock interviews or job search advice. See Hire Heroes USA for more information.
- Send online messages or mail letters of encouragement to nursing home residents and staff through the Adopt a Nursing Home Program.
- You can adopt a grandparent in London and have virtual video calls and keep their spirits high while in isolation through CHD Living.
- Volunteer to be an Online Ambassador with Ark of Hope for Children.
- Volunteer to Translate with Translators without Borders.
- Give well-deserved Treats for Troops through Soldiers Angels Treats for Troops.
- Be an online emotional support person at 7 Cups.
- Make a global difference with the United Nations.
- Lend your eyes to solve tasks for blind and low vision people. Visit Be My Eyes.
- Identify New York Wildlife, map our galaxy or assist researchers in many other ways with Zooniverse.
- Sew emotional support blankets for Binky Patrol.
- Proofread ebooks for Project Gutenberg.
- Track bird populations with eBird.
- Answer texts from people in crisis using active listening and collaborative problem solving with Crisis Text Line.
- Crochet or knit afghan squares that will help build blankets for both babies and adults. Send them to Warm Up America.
- Record audiobooks for Librivox.
- Transcribe historical documents for the Smithsonian.
- Send a card, letter or note once a week to someone undergoing chemotherapy. Apply at Chemo Angels.
- Share your voice and help drive innovation in voice technology through VocaliD.
- Provide learning and encouragement to children around the world via Skype and the Granny Cloud website.
- Test, evaluate or develop elements of the National Park Service’s online presence.
- Raise money in a virtual world with The American Cancer Society and Second Life.
- Develop video games to help App to Succeed teach youth in need how to make good financial decisions.
- Train others in technology to help overcome poverty with Right Here at Home.
- Spread the word by sharing social media posts and important announcements from your favorite nonprofit organizations.
- Help Harvard researchers learn the best ways to break down stereotypes by taking tests with Project Implicit.
- Look at satellite images of storm and help researchers predict cyclone behavior with Cyclone Center.
- Help kids in need when you organize an online fundraiser for Operation Warm.
Did you find these ideas helpful? Tell us on social media and tag @operationwarm.
Learn how you can volunteer to help children in your community receive a gift of warmth, confidence and hope!