25 Volunteer Jobs to Do from Home
Looking for ideas for volunteer jobs to do from home?
Virtual volunteering is a convenient way to help a great cause. You don’t have to work in a nonprofit’s office to make a positive impact. You don’t even have to commit a lot of time. You just need to click on a link and get started.
There are many different types of support tasks that can be done from home. Some of these volunteer opportunities may require training. Other jobs can easily take advantage of skills that you already have.
Volunteering from Home is Valuable
Nonprofit organizations often work with a small staff and tiny budgets. It makes a big difference to these charities when volunteers step in to help.
Volunteer from Home Ideas
Browse our list of 25 volunteer jobs to do from home. You may just find a fun volunteer project and find an easy way to help a good cause.
- Volunteer to be an Online Ambassador with Ark of Hope for Children.
- Volunteer to Translate with Translators without Borders.
- Give well-deserved Treats for Troops through Soldiers Angels Treats for Troops.
- Be an online emotional support person at 7 Cups.
- Help kids in need when you organize an online fundraiser for Operation Warm.
- Make a global difference with the United Nations.
- Lend your eyes to solve tasks for blind and low vision people. Visit Be My Eyes.
- Identify New York Wildlife, map our galaxy or assist researchers in many other ways with Zooniverse.
- Sew emotional support blankets for Binky Patrol.
- Proofread ebooks for Project Gutenberg.
- Track bird populations with eBird.
- Answer texts from people in crisis using active listening and collaborative problem solving with Crisis Text Line.
- Crochet or knit afghan squares that will help build blankets for both babies and adults. Send them to Warm Up America.
- Record audiobooks for Librivox.
- Transcribe historical documents for the Smithsonian.
- Send a card, letter or note once a week to someone undergoing chemotherapy. Apply at Chemo Angels.
- Share your voice and help drive innovation in voice technology through VocaliD.
- Provide learning and encouragement to children around the world via Skype and the Granny Cloud website.
- Test, evaluate or develop elements of the National Park Service’s online presence.
- Raise money in a virtual world with The American Cancer Society and Second Life.
- Develop video games to help App to Succeed teach youth in need how to make good financial decisions.
- Train others in technology to help overcome poverty with Right Here at Home.
- Share social media posts and important announcements for Operation Warm. Email Mary Ann.
- Help Harvard researchers learn the best ways to break down stereotypes by taking tests with Project Implicit.
- Look at satellite images of storm and help researchers predict cyclone behavior with Cyclone Center.
Did you find these ideas helpful? Tell us on social media using one of the icons below and tagging @operationwarm.
Learn how you can volunteer to help children in your community receive a gift of warmth, confidence and hope!