10 Steps to a Successful “Coats for Kids” Rotary Club Project
A Coats for Kids Rotary Club community service project with Operation Warm is local, easy and impactful. Right now, Operation Warm is offering several $1,000 start up grants for Rotary Clubs that have not partnered with us before. It is a great time for your club to take advantage of this opportunity for your own community service project.
Here are 10 Steps to a Successful “Coats for Kids” Rotary Club Project
- Sign up to be a partner. You’ll get access to our Partner Portal and the many tools we have available to assist you with your project.
- Do you want an online way to collect donations and do crowdfunding? Let us know on the form. You can use it to reach out to Rotary club members and others in your community to help fundraise. Here is an example: operationwarm.org/wnrotary
- Apply for your $1,000 start up grant (Note—the start up grant is only available for first-time partners on a first come, first served basis.)
- Work with the local beneficiary organization(s) you want to serve to develop a plan. How will you get coats to the kids? Will you hold a community coat celebration or will the coats be given privately by the school or organizational staff?
- Identify the sizes needed for the children you are serving. You should have this completed at least a month before delivery day. Coat sizes run small, so always size up. The Operation Warm Partner Portal has all of the tools you need to help with sizing and ordering. You can access the partner portal and our coat order form after you sign up (see step 1).
- Boys or Girls sizes: 2T, 3T, 4 5/6, 7/8, 10/12, 14/16
- Adult Men and Women sizes: S. M, L, XL, XXL
- Place your order for the coats you need. You should do this at least three weeks ahead. Our new easy-to-use shopping cart will make the process seamless.
- Submit your funding to Operation Warm. You can do this through your crowdfunding donation page or by paying your invoice when it arrives by email. Note, if you mail a check to us, it can take up to 10 days to post, so plan accordingly. You can pay securely by credit/debit card or with an electronic check (all you need is your account number and bank routing number; this information is printed on your check).
- Once your order is submitted and fully funded, your coats will be shipped per your instructions. An email with the shipment tracking information will be sent to the “ship to” contact.
- Give warmth, confidence and hope to kids in your community when your brand new colorful coats arrive.
- Let everyone know about your project both during your fundraising and after you have gifted the coats. Local media and social media are great ways to publicize your project and your Rotary Club. A press release template and other materials are available in the partner portal.
Interested in starting an Operation Warm community service project with your club?
Creative Ways Libraries Are Supporting Communities During Lockdown
Digital-printmaker Phil Shaw creates a COVID short story using books. Via Instagram @philshaw755 As weeks turn into months for many states with lockdown orders, library workers are winning it all…Read More