The NEXT Million Campaign
Operation Warm reached an important milestone in our history in February 2012, serving one million children. Now, Operation Warm and our Coats for Kids Foundation continue to ask for your support as we seek to serve our NEXT Million children.
Operation Warm has reached an important milestone in our history, serving one million children. When founder Dick Sanford purchased new winter coats for 58 underserved children in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania in 1998, he did not imagine the movement he was igniting with individuals, foundations and corporations - partnering together to serve the most vulnerable in our nation.
Through the years, Operation Warm has steadfastly focused on our mission and core beliefs that children deserve not just a coat, but a new coat, knowing that the gift of a coat extends far beyond warmth. Our stylish, high quality coats afford children not only protection from frigid winter weather, but also affirms they are of value.
Operation Warm is also proud to maintain integrity in operations in spite of economically challenging times. 97% of all money raised goes directly to coats for children in need. The other 3% covers the expenses necessary to run this burgeoning non-profit. Serving 220,000 children in 2011 with a lean staff of eleven, Operation Warm seeks creative ways to be the best possible stewards of the donations we receive from so many loyal supporters.
We are poised and excited by the anticipation of serving our next million children. Launching as, “The NEXT Million,” Operation Warm and our Coats for Kids Foundation hope to accelerate our program to reach one million more children in the next several years. None of this is possible without generous support and funding from community partners and individuals who share in our mission. Please partner with Operation Warm and our Coats for Kids Foundation as we launch our NEXT Million campaign.
Let’s not leave even one child in the cold.
To download the NEXT Million Campaign flyer click here.
Please consider supporting our work with a recurring gift.
It’s an easy way to support children in need and their families.
$40 per month sponsors new coats for an entire classroom.
$10 per month sponsors new coats for six children each year.