Operation Warm makes use of a wide variety of programs in pursuit of our mission to provide new winter coats to children in need. You can join our mission through one or more of these programs:
- Community Subsidized Coat Programs Foundation and Corporate grants provide funding for coats to be distributed through strategic community partners who provide service to children living in need. Current programs are established in Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis & Saint Paul, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley, Pittsburgh and Washington DC. Contact us if you would like to support a program in your city.
- Firefighters for Operation Warm Working in partnership with the International Association of Firefighters, IAFF Locals across the country have become the heroes on the frontlines of Operation Warm’s mission and the engine behind our move to American coat manufacturing. Working with Operation Warm, locals raise money to support the distribution of USA-made coats in the communities where they live and work.
- Rotary Clubs Operation Warm got its start as a project of the Rotary Club of Longwood in Kennett Square PA. Since that time, over 150 clubs have provided our new winter coats to nearly 100,000 children in their communities.
- Donor Managed Programs Many community organizations share Operation Warm's vision that no child should be left in the cold. Groups interested in joining our mission may manage local Operation Warm programs for the benefit of impoverished children in their communities.
- Disaster Response Operation Warm is committed to supporting children in communities devastated by disaster. While it remains our ongoing mission to provide coats to impoverished and at-risk children living in the U.S., there is also an urgent need for rapid response for children with undue and unforeseen hardship. Recently, we have expanded our response to partner with UNICEF to provide coats for winter clothing kits for Syrian refugee children.
- Colleges and Universities Often, college students adopt Operation Warm as a community service project and host fundraisers leading to a partnership with local community-based organizations and/or schools to distribute new coats.
- Broadcast Partners Many radio and TV stations organize local Operation Warm projects and involve their community sponsors and audiences to fund coats for local children.
- Cause Marketing Partners Companies and organizations large and small partner with us to give back to their communities through the gift of warmth. Past campaigns have included Groupon, International Delight, K-Love, No Excuses University and the Philadelphia Area Auto Dealers “Driving Away the Cold” program.
- Employer Giving Programs Many employers include Operation Warm in their ongoing employee giving campaigns which often include an employer match. Among these is the Federal Government’s Combined Federal Campaign.
- Chicago Housing Authority Since 2008, Operation Warm has partnered with the Chicago Housing Authority to bring happiness and warmth to thousands of children each year while connecting families in need with valuable social services and resources.
CONTACT US - GENERAL INQUIRIES